All Institutes have residential facilities for students, known as Student Hostels. Some institutes also have special facilities for international students. The hostel life gives you the freedom to make the most of your time after the academics. A wide variety of intra-hostel (amongst your hostel inmates) and inter-hostel (with other hostels) events and competitions (arts and sports) take place all year round. Also, national festivals are celebrated in the hostels along with flag hoisting on Republic Day and Independence Day, keeping the atmosphere in the hostels vibrant and full of life all year round. It helps in breaking the ice and socializing with your batchmates and seniors.
The following are the approximate expenses for the program during the period of stay.
- Admission fee: USD 500 (appox., varies with institute and program)
- Tuition Fee, per semester (two semesters per year):
- For students from non-SAARC countries: 2000 USD (approx.)
- For students from SAARC countries: 1000 USD (approx.)
- For DAAD scholarship from Nepal and Bangladesh: 75 USD (approx.)
- With a Teaching Assistantship with a tuition fee waiver for Ph.D. program: 35 USD (approx.)
- Other fees per semester (Exam, Medical, Recreation, Hostel, etc): 200 USD per semester
- Approximate monthly expense for the hostel mess food: 60 USD (approx, higher for non-vegetarian options)
All fees are subject to revision from time to time. The fees and expenses indicated above are only approximately converted and may vary from place to place and between various programs.
SAARC countries eligible for the waiver: Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Maldives