Students can avail scholarships from various agencies for their study in India
- Foreign Government Sponsorships: Enquire with your country's government or education department or external affairs ministry about scholarships for studying in India. Indian embassies or consulates in your country may also have information about these scholarships and about how to apply for them.
- ASEAN PhD Scholarships: The Indian Government has recently initiated scholarships for pursuing PhD in IITs for applicants from ASEAN countries: visit the application portal.
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), Government of India. The council awards about 4000 scholarshisp under 26 different schemes to foreign students from about 140 counties. Visit the ICCR website or contact Indian High Commission/Embassy in the country of residence to apply for these scholarships.
- Institute Teaching Assistantships: The institute (IIT or IISc) may provide for a tution fee waiver along with a monthly scholarship from (200 to 400 USD approx.) in the form of teaching assistantships for providing support for teaching and laboratory activities, to the extent of 8 hours per week. Consult individual institutes for details.
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service): DAAD provides for scholarships for students from Nepal and Bangladesh for pursuing M.Tech. programmes in: Energy Systems, Biomedical, Environmental Science and Engineering and in Water Resource Management and Technology and Development.